Friday, December 31, 2021
By CarKhabri Team
Highly Awaited Electric Cars In India During 2022
The launch of electric cars, like the Tata Nexon EV, MG ZS EV, Tata Tigor, Tata Tiago in the Indian car market has paved the way for launching more electric cars in India. The success enjoyed by these electric cars has inspired other car manufacturers to introduce their electric vehicles in the market. With the arrival of 2022, it is believed that we will have more high performing electric cars in the Indian car market.
Anyhow, the launch of new cars during 2022 is a secret, below are some of the highly awaited electric cars in the Indian car market.
Renault Kwid ZS EV: The success of the Renault Kwid hatchback is not hidden from anyone. After the launch of the compact SUV Duster by the French carmaker, the launch of the Kwid hatchback helped the company to strengthen its roots in the Indian car market. Some key features which will make the new Kwid EV different from its standard version are:
- The prototype of the Kwid ZE was during the Indian Auto Expo 2020. At present, the Kwid is currently on sale in the Chinese car market.
- The electric Kwid receives a new grille, refreshed bumper, and subtle changes to make it look different from the standard Kwid.
- It will receive power from a 26.8 kWh battery pack and is said to deliver an average of 250 km on a single charge.
- The battery will generate a power of 44PS and a torque of 125Nm.
- It is expected to come with a fast-charging system and will charge the battery up to 80% within 30 minutes. With the standard charging system, it will take almost four for the battery to charge.
- It is reported to be priced under Rs 10lakh.
Tata Altroz EV: The Altroz hatchback by the home-grown carmaker Tata Motors is the premium hatchback that has taken the whole country in its storm. This has encouraged Tata Motors to launch its electric version. In 2022 the Tata Altroz EV is the highly awaited electric vehicle in the Indian car market. Some of the notable features about Altroz EV are:
- It was also showcased during the Indian Auto Expo 2020.
- Alike compact SUV Nexon, it is developed on the internal engine platform.
- It will come equipped with a 30.2 kWh battery that churns the power of 129 PS and the torque of 245 Nm.
- On a single charge, it will deliver an average of 312 km.
- It is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 12 lakh to Rs 14 lakh.
MG E200EV: The British carmaker MG showcased the small car E200 EV during the Indian Auto Expo 2020. Some of the key facts related to this tiny car:
- The car has a length of 2.5 meters and is suitable for two people to travel.
- It can be driven up to a distance of 200km on a single charge.
- The carmaker doesn’t seem in the mood of launching this two-seater car in the Indian car market but can launch its bigger in the coming future.
Great Wall Motors R1: The 2020 Indian Auto Expo witnessed the showcase of electric cars by different carmakers. The R1 was also a part of such cars. Showcased by the Chinese carmaker Great Wall Motors, the micro-electric car succeeded in winning the heart of audiences. Some interesting facts about GWM R1 are:
- It will be available with an option of two batteries including 28.5 kWh and 33 k Wh. The former will deliver an average of 300 km, whereas the latter will deliver an average of 350 km.
- It can be run at the top speed of 100 kmh.
- It is considered as a small version of the Maruti Suzuki Alto, with large dimensions.
- It will come with notable features like a nine-inch touchscreen system, tire pressure monitoring system, and a few more.
- It is expected to be priced below Rs 10 lakh.
Besides, these electric cars it is believed that major car manufacturers in India are also likely to launch their electric cars in India during 2022.